Sunday, July 12, 2015

5 Apologies



1/20/13
  
this apology is a worn out snare
far too used up, and in need of repair
its repetition alone makes me stare
down at the floor, and over to the chair   
I won't meet your eyes, I'll avoid their glare
wait, you said it again, how could you dare

this apology is a bitter veil
thin as parchment, but heavy like chain mail
its familiar effects will leave me frail
battered and bruised no time to exhale
constant offender, you belong in jail
what, you said it again, how could you fail

this apology is a bent cork screw
rusty as hell, on my heart it will chew
its uselessness obvious, very see thru
damage worse, then any help it could do
I love you baby, but this is not new
you said it again, why can't you stay true

this apology is a blackened vise
menacing and cruel, a torture device
its crushing affect is not very nice
I'm between its jaws and paying the price
your using it proves your colder than ice
you said it again, you didn't think twice

this apology, like snow in July
is hard to believe, it's a total lie
its strong effect makes it hard to deny
that I'm in bad shape that I want to die
was nothing to you, didn't even cry
you said it again, but this is goodbye  

No comments:

Post a Comment