Sunday, July 12, 2015

Forever and a Day



2/23/13

I walk right in, you are at the bar
you're singing along to my favorite song
I fall in love with you from afar
but the feeling doesn't last
when you turn, you look right past
and I'm stuck to feel this way
for how long? forever and a day

some time goes by, but there you are
you're with your friends, at the bar
my recent wound had no time to scar
in fact I'm still ripped up
you barely take your eyes off your cup
and I'm stuck with nothing to say
for how long? forever and a day

I see you again, this time for sure
I'll gather my courage at the grocery store
I want to say, I can't resist your allure
but I never took the chance
there goes another failed romance
and I'm stuck here to decay
for how long? forever and a day

No comments:

Post a Comment